The Center was established in 1978 by the chief ophthalmologist of Armenia Sergey Malayan, MD, on the base of the State Trachoma-Glaukoma Dispensary (1952). In 1998 the Ophthalmologic Center was named after Sergey Malayan-a famous scientist and doctor. Proudly carrying his name since 1998, at present it is the largest ofhthalmologic center in Armenia employing over 200 specialists. The majority of doctors working at the Center have studied and worked abroad and carry international medical licenses.
There are 6 departments operating at the Center-Consultative and Polyclinic Services, Pediatric, Glaucoma, General Ophthalmology, Cornea-Uveitis, Traumatology and Vitreo-Retinal Departments. At present, our Center is equipped with stete-of-the-art modern medical equipment from the USA, Germany and France allowing us to fully exclude even slightest misdiagnosis.