Center of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation was established in 1946 by Professor Christapor A. Petrosian, as an orthopedic institute. The institute was aimed in providing aid to disabled patents after word war II (1941-1945). In the future the institute became center of traumatology and orthopedics of Armenia, and in 1959 was renamed to Scientific, Researching Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Yerevan (YSRITO). In 1995 YSRITO was renamed to Center of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation (CTOR) of Rep. of Armenia.It became a scientific-researcher-educational and practical center in Armenia. In 2003 by decision from the government of Rep. of Armenia, the center of burns and radiology was joined to the CTOR and renamed the united center as Center of Traumatology, Orthopedics, Burns and Radiology (CTOBR). In 2007 the Center was renamed into Scientific-Research Center of Traumatology and Orthopedics which is an educational base of the National Health Institute and State Medical University of Yerevan, where many students, fellow ordinates and aspirants take their professional training.