Since 2005 is publishing the scientific and practical journal “Blood” in 3 languages. There is also an appropriate internet site of the journal- www.blood.am
- I-st clinical haematology department for adults
- II-nd clinical haematology department for adults
- Children’s clinical haematology department
- Haematologic consultation polyclinic
- Dispensary service
- Centre of haemophilia
- Register of patients with haematological diseases
- Department of general helth care
- Department of laboratory diagnosis
- Department of functional diagnostics
- Bacteriological laboratory of the state quality of blood components and blood substitutes
- Blood bank
- Department of the blood reserves and its components
- Donor register
- Department of blood cells freezing
- Outgoing transfusiological group
- Serological department
- Delivery department
- Immunological department
- PCR laboratory
- Production department
- Biochemical problematic research laboratory
- Department of working out the programs for the development of hematology and of statistics
The beginning of the development of haematology and blood service in Armenia is considered to be 1932. At this time a group of specialists from Moscow visited Yerevan with participation and proposal of A.A.Baghdasarov to promote donation and to establish blood service in Armenia.
At the same time a committee of blood transfusion was formed and later in 1993 the committee became a branch of the Moscow Central Scientific-Research Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion.
Since 1939 the Armenian branch of the Moscow Institute was a Republican station of Blood transfusion. Meanwhile blood transfusion branches were opened in Leninakan (Gyumri) under the direction of S.Tovmasyan, and in Kirovakan (Vanadzor) under the direction of E.Aslanyan.
On 17 March, 1947 on the basis of the blood transfusion station, a scientific-research center of Haematology and blood transfusion was established by the decision of the Council of Ministers. Over the past years the Institute has become a scientific and clinical basis in the sphere of haematology and transfusiology and had an important role in the establishing and development of blood service in the Republic of Armenia. In 1993 the Institute was renamed “Haematology center after Prof. R.H.Yeolyan”, Ministry of Health, Republic of Armenia.
1947-1955 The first director of the Research Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion was the famous surgeon and public figure Ruben Yeolyan, after whom the present Hematology Center is named.
1956-1972 After the premature death of prof. R. Yeolyan, Kamer Antonyan was appointed as a director.
1973-1988 The Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion was led by a prominent public health worker of the Republic Armik Eghikyan.
1988-1990 Mihran Nazaretyan was appointed as Director of the Institute for Hematology and Blood Transfusion.
1990-1992 Armen Isahakyan was appointed director of the Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion.
1992-2001 The Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion was headed by Armen Yeremyants.
2001-2018 June Smbat Daghbashyan was the director of the Hematology Center.
Since June 2018 Samvel Danielyan is a director of the Hematology Center.